After studying various articles and doing alot of research and actually seeing it happening in my life I am sharing some points as to why does one need a sound sleep everyday. Specially for the students who generally don’t get to sleep properly at night
1. Your body gets deprived of nourishment
Sleep is like a food for your body, brain and skin as well. When you are sleeping your body works on removing the dead blood cells and dead brain cells and also helps in the removal of toxins and so naturally after a sound sleep you are able to think clearly and feel fresh.
2. Your skin gets imbalanced
If you don’t have a sound sleep at night, you will face breakouts, dehydrated complexion and redness as it affects the moisture levels and hence it is always adviced to follow a skin care regime and keep yourself hydrated.
3. You can develop dark circles and under eye bags
To avoid the eye bags ,use sleep mask and one can even use soaked green tea bags and keep it under the eyes for a few minutes to reduce the puffiness.
4. Your devices keep you engaged till late and make you look tired nw t day.
Yes, one has to agree that Instagram Pinterest and other social media platforms definitely keep you engaged and you get exposed to the blue light spectrum just like the sunlight and hence it affects your melatonin levels, so it is always recommended to not to use your devices late night and be awake
5. Sleep deprivation can lead to even serious health issues like heart failure, heart diseases, stroke, diblabetes and other such serious health problems
6. Improper sleep can also cause frequent mood swings, memory issues, lack of concentration and also lead to weight gain.
Some suggestions as to how to have a sound sleep for 7-8 hours in a day-
1. Avoid big meals before sleeping.
2. Make sure you have a cool comfortable, dark and silent room to sleep.
3. Have a bedtime routine and try to go to bed the same time everyday.
4. Try to exercise or indulge into physical activities atleast 2-3hours before you go to bed.
5. Try to avoid drinking coffee or drinks containing caffeine.
6. Go for a soft bed spread and bed sheet so as to feel comfortable while sleeping.
So, why to wait and waste your time and let sleep deprivation affect your body. Sleep atleSt for 7-8 hours a day so as to lead a healthy lifestyle